Monday 10 October 2016

Austrian Stereotypes

This semester I'm a buddy & I've just welcomed an exchange student. He is from the UK and I've already spent a lot of time with him. When he arrived he didn't have any information about the Austrian culture. I realised that he has some stereotypes about Austria - as everyone. So I'm supposed to clarify this stereotypes.

His first chliché was that Austria is famous for its beer. First of all I want to clarify that this is almost right. The Austrian people prefer drinking alcoholic drinks especially beer and wine. We drink it when we are on parties and so on. But not everyone in Austria drinks beer. A lot of people only drink water because they hate it.

He also asked me what this huge parties are. I told him that he means a "Zeltfest", a traditional Austrian and Bavarian celebration where everyone dances on the tables and of course drinks beer.

As you see everyone has stereotypes about any countries in the world. I hope you were interested in my posting.
 Bye!


1 comment:

  1. Nice posting,but please mind the following:

    It's also true that we love TO go skiing...
    ON the one hand this is the kind of sport which we are most famous for...

    ReplyDelete